About

Monday, October 1, 2007

Confessions of a Processed Food Eater (Gasp!)

See What Happened to These Tomatoes Plus More Pictures Here



There's something you've got to know about me...I eat some pretty lousy food. It's not that I don't like to cook - I happen to love it - it's just that I don't often enough. Today, for instance, I had boxed mac 'n cheese for lunch. Last night, I dined on ramen noodles. And yesterday's lunch was pizza hut. Now don't be too haste in thinking less of me. The mac 'n cheese was organic and after my ramen, I ate a juicy local peach sliced up and dripping cream. The truth is, I'm still learning and working at being a more responsible, eco-conscious eater, like many of you out there, and aspiring to be more like you who are already there.


Along with my poorer choices as of late, I also managed to bake local acorn squash for the first time (I know!), cook local corn, and can and roast some local tomatoes (also for the first time). See, I'm getting there; and one day, I'll be making better choices when meal time arrives. But I still might satisfy an occasional craving of ramen noodles from time to time. I happen to like them on occasion as long as they don't make up a weeks' worth of dinners, because I've been there too.


To read about my adventures in canning and to check out my other blog, visit Meadowlark Farms - there may not be a farm yet, but there's a farm girl learning the ropes of homesteading and sustainable living all in preparation for the blissful day when she can use them on the land. Come learn with me, and by all means, teach me what you know!

Have you taken the polls yet? Well get to it! It's located at the column to the right. Here's the related article.

© 2007 SegoLily

1 comment:

Britt said...

haha I love the title! Honey.. with small kids.. we can't all be gourmet cooks! I would love to learn to cook better too. But we all have boxed food once in a while too. That peach is making my mouth water.. I LOVE PEACHES!